Pages

Wednesday, 17 June 2020

Cross Country Training


On Tuesday 16th June we started our Cross Country training.
We will be training every Tuesday and Thursday after morning tea.


We marked our hand with tally marks to count how many times we ran around the field.
We have to run 4 times around the field.
Some students ran 5 times, some ran 6 times, Hikurangi and Rio ran 7 times around the field.
We have made a table to record the number of times we run around each practice time.
We will post these tables on our blogs at the end of the term.

6 comments:

  1. Kia ora room 4. I really like how you used tally marks for practicing your skip counting and repeated addition. I can see that you have combined maths and PE for when you are training for Cross Country. Maybe next time you could video your training so I can see you in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora room 4. I really like how you are using tally marks for practicing skip counting and repeated addition. I can see you are using maths strategies during PE when you are training for cross country. Maybe next time you could video yourselves running.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Yaunne, I am from Room 6 at Ruapotaka. I liked your cross country training photos. We are doing cross country too next term. I have a question: could you tell us your ages and what you like about your school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Yaunne. Thank you for your comment. We are from room 4 at Tautoro School. We are 7 & 8 year olds in a year 3 class. We love learning and we love being able to say our mihimihi and pepeha. We love using our waka hoe to help us with our learning.

      Delete
  4. Kia Ora Room 4,

    it sounds awesome that you are practicing for your cross country. We have been training for our cross country as well. We practice in the morning and afternoon in our domain. We have to run three laps of the field in the domain, and our senior students have to run 1 lap of the whole domain. When you're running make sure you run as fast as you can.

    From Room 8 at NBC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Room 8. Thank you for your comment and your advice. We are trying to get faster every week while we are training. This week we haven't had any training because it has been too wet. Hopefully next week the weather will improve so we can get back to training again.

    ReplyDelete